Monday, June 4, 2012

Keeping Active with a Busy Life

I can tell just by my mood when I have not been active enough physically.  Winter time is one of the biggest problems for me, especially because I hate the cold Ohio weather.  Because it is not summer, I don't have too much of a problem keeping active and moving around.  At work I am almost always on my feet, and at home I make sure to play with my daughter and garden daily, even when I'm tired. 

The Harvard School of Public Health offers quite a few reasons to get off of the couch and keep moving.  For me, physical and mental activities are the biggest benefits that I could give myself.  It is super easy to sit on the couch and read a book all day when it's 90 degrees out, and I can make all of the excuses in the world to not move.  Those won't help me though.

I have discovered how much physical energy just house chores require, though!  Line-drying clothes has a lot of bending and lifting, picking up baby toys has a lot of walking and bending, and even just carrying my daughter around while I vacuum helps a ton.  Almost makes me want to clean the house! Well...sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm just blog walking, and very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and blogging

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete