Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Soil book review! (part 1)

Composting is one of my newest feats and because of this I decided to take a trip to the library and check out a book about soil.  I got Secrets to Great Soil by Elizabeth P. Stell (Storey Communications, Inc., 1998) and I am absolutely in love with the book.  The author has introduced so many aspects of soil so easily.  She allowed me to understand soil acidity, how to identify the type of soil that you have, the mineral balances and importance in soil for plants, and even different uses of gardening tools all within the 1st three chapters!  I'm super excited to be reading the book and because chapter 4 starts right in on making and using compost, there will be plenty more from me where this came from. 

Go get a book and learn something :-}

No comments:

Post a Comment